Every keynote by Dries, and every time a new version of Drupal core is released, one of the biggest features asked for in Drupal 8 is better media handling. In contrib, the Media and File entity modules have proven to be successful and thriving despite the challenges with extending core functionality and having a diverse group of maintainers. Dave, a maintainer of both Media and File entity, will provide his proposal and plans for the following:
- What the Media and File entity contrib modules will look like in Drupal 8
- How the modules will integrated and extend new media and file features added into Drupal 8 core
- The challenges that we foresee when porting and revamping these modules
- Where help is necessary still in Drupal 8 to meet those challenges
- Why extending the core concept of files is the desired way forward
- A call to action to being porting the modules at the code sprint!
Notes to organizers: Talk would not take more than 30 minutes.