This page is a listing of the many resources available for speakers presenting sessions and labs at DrupalCon.
If using your own template, be sure to include a title slide for session archiving and an evaluation reminder slide.
- Download Fonts
- Keynote - coming soon
- Google Presentation - click copy to get started on your presentation
AV + Setup
Speakers are required to arrive at least 15 minutes early for setup. Speakers have access to the session rooms from prior to the first session of the day and also during the breaks. We encourage speakers wishing to present audio/video files or demos to store these files locally on your laptop, rather than relying on an internet connection, which can sometimes fail.
What to bring
- Your laptop, with session slides loaded (it doesn't hurt to bring a backup USB)
- Your laptop's power adaptor
- A 120 volt power adaptor if you are visiting from outside North America
- A VGA adaptor if your laptop is a Mac or late model PC (we do not use HDMI projection)
- A slide advancer, if you want one
What we'll provide
- 1 podium mic
- 2 table mics @ head table
- 1 audience mic on stand
- 1 switcher at head table (for up to 4 laptop inputs) to projector
- 1 projector at 1024 x 768 VGA resolution (4:3 ratio)
- 1 audio jack for laptop audio @ podium (so you can play audio and video with sound)
- 1 screen - sizes vary per room
- 1 podium with mounted, wireless mic
- 1 table with seating and shared mics for up to 6 panelists
- Recording equipment to capture your slides and presentation audio
- Jay, from our archiving team, to help get your laptop setup on our recording equipment. Please arrive early so he has time to help everyone!
Speaker Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long are sessions?
General sessions are 60 minutes and should include 10-15 minutes for audience Q+A. Core Conversation sessions may run at 15 minute and 30 minute increments. Labs are 2.25 hours long and should consider audience interaction as part of the session flow.
How are speakers compensated?
One speaker per session and up to two speakers per lab will receive a coupon code for complimentary registration to DrupalCon. Additional speakers will receive a code for early bird ticket pricing.
How can I help improve my session's visibility in the community?
Once you've submitted a session, promote it! Community comments help our selection teams better know what our attendees are interested in seeing at DrupalCon.
How can I help get my session get selected?
Read up on the track descriptions, which list the criteria our selection team will use to determine if a session is a good fit for the conference.
Remember that site visitors can comment on your session to offer feedback and ask questions. Check back frequently to see what people are saying, use their comments to help clarify the intent of your session, and if appropriate, revise your session proposal based on their feedback.
We record your session audio and slides and post the resulting video to your session node (generally within a few hours of delivery.)
Your video will also be posted to the Drupal Association's YouTube channel.
What permissions do I need to present?
Ensure you have explicit permission to share your company/client information, or at what level is appropriate to share. Proposing a session without permission is grounds for session cancellation.