- Does the word "Mosaic" conjure up fond memories of pages upon pages with grey background and blue links, rather than fancy glass pictures?
- Did you use AOL diskettes as coasters?
<script>alert('Cool!');</script> was about the fanciest thing you could do?
- Were you a part of a Geocities neighbourhood?
- Were spacer gifs your layout tool of choice?
- Did you subsequently retreat screaming from the confusing front-end world with its browser quirks, and into the soothing and refreshing back-end world (with its server quirks instead), and never look back?
- Are you starting to get a sinking feeling that if you don't get up to speed on some of this newfangeldy mobile crap, your career is going to be as dead as eXcite?
If so, this talk is for you!
This talk attempts to tackle all of the intimidating-sounding crap that all of these newfangeldy front-end developers these days talk about—Responsive Design, SASS/LESS, HTML5/CSS3—and breaks it down so us old-timers can understand. You'll learn that none of this is actually that scary, and for the most part the hipster stuff today is just a minor coat of polish on things that are already ingrained into our old, decrepit bones.